Monthly HPC Cafe
We always start with a short Q&A session, where you can ask and discuss anything HPC related, from running job scripts to performance issues.
Every month, we will also focus on a specific topic, either as a short talk or a discussion. These can for example include advanced usage, workflow optimizations, or application-specific topics.
A separate part of the HPC Café is especially dedicated to new users and HPC beginners. Each month, we offer a short introduction on how to use the HPC systems at RRZE, including an overview of HPC clusters, how to connect to the systems, how to use the batch system, and more.
The HPC Café is also an informal platform to give feedback or talk about general requests. We look forward to meeting you and hope for lively participation.
One more reason for coming: There will be free coffee and cake!
Next event: Tuesday, February 9, 2020, 4 p.m.
Focus topic: TBD.
Duration: 1-2 hours
Location (until further notice): online session (audio-only + screen sharing): https://hpc-bbb.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/b/rrz-hua-vcr – no need to install a dedicated client – just join with a modern web browser.
Contact address for inquires: firstname.lastname@example.org
Material from past events:
Tuesday, January 12, 2020: Focus topic: AI-assisted research at FAU – Four FAU researchers give short talks about how their projects benefit from Artificial Intelligence (AI) methods and what resources they require for it.
- Changes to expect for TinyGPU in 2021 and other news
- Peter Uhrig: “HPC workflows for big data and machine learning applications”
- Benedikt Lorch: “Deep learning in the HPC environment Computing demands for research in multimedia forensics”
- Harald Köstler: “Deep learning for Computational Fluid Dynamics”
- Thorsten Glüsenkamp: “AI research in astroparticle physics at ECAP”
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Tuesday, August 11th 2020 and September 8th 2020
- HPC in a nutshell; see the slides posted on https://hpc.fau.de/systems-services/hpc-user-training/
Tuesday, July 14th 2020
- Using the LIKWID tool suite
- Using Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector (ITAC)
- Using the Arm DDT debugger
Tuesday, June 9th 2020
Tuesday, May 12th 2020
Tuesday, April 14th 2020
Tuesday, March 10th 2020
- Modules and Software installation (Thomas Gruber, RRZE)
Tuesday, February 11th 2020
- Application Labs at LRZ (Gerald Mathias, LRZ)
Tuesday, January 14th 2020
Tuesday, December 10th 2019
- no slides but visit to RRZE’s server room
Tuesday, November 12th 2019
- How to assess the scalability of your parallel job and how many cores/nodes you should use
- How to interpret the hardware monitoring data
Tuesday, October 8th 2019
- see the HPC-Nutshell slides posted on systems-services/hpc-user-training/
Tuesday, September 10th 2019
- no slides – first getting to know each other