New major release LIKWID 5.0.0
Today, we proudly announce the new major release LIKWID 5.0.0!
This update introduces support for all processor architectures relevant to today’s HPC world: x86_64, ARM and POWER. Moreover, LIKWID 5 now supports monitoring of application kernels running on Nvidia GPUs.
Changes specifically include:
- Support for ARM architectures. Special support for Marvell Thunder X2
- Support for IBM POWER architectures (POWER8 and POWER9)
- Support for AMD Zen2 microarchitecture
- Support for data fabric counters of AMD Zen microarchitecture
- Support for Nvidia GPU monitoring (with NvMarkerAPI)
- New clock frequency backend (with less overhead)
- Generation of benchmarks for likwid-bench on-the-fly from ptt files
- Interface function to performance groups, create your own.
- Integration of GOTCHA for hooking into client application at runtime
- Enhanced support for SLURM with likwid-mpirun
- New MPI and Hybrid pinning features for likwid-mpirun
- Interface to enable the membind kernel memory policy
- JSON output filter file (use -o output.json)
- Update of internal HWLOC to 2.1.0
The full Changelog is available at the release page.